Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In other gaming news

On Friday, we went over to Grammy's house for dessert and gifts for Beth, because it was her birthday this weekend.

We ended up drinking too much coffee which made it hard for us to sleep, and had some excellent german chocolate cake, and played Rummikub. I prefer traditional rummy, but that's mainly because I don't ever win at Rummikub. The first game, it took me forever to get the first 30 points, and and second game, while I was able to play quickly, slowed down quite a bit in the middle as we all needed to draw more tiles.

Not exactly gaming related, but I read quite a bit. I generally read fantasy, with some science fiction thrown in. So, I apparently live in a cave, but Legend of the Seeker has been on the air since November 2008, and I've been watching episodes on Hulu. It's 'based on' the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.

It's not a true adaptation of the 1st book, or any book for that matter, but it's not bad. I'll continue watching, and probably try to catch live episodes once I catch up on Hulu.



The other book related item is that A Memory of Light will probably be out this November, which has me very excited. What form the book will take, the public doesn't know yet, but I have confidence that Brandon Sanderson will do a great job. I've read his Mistborn series, and I think he has what it takes.

www.createyourcountdown.com

Watchman the movie comes out on Friday, which means we won't be gaming on Friday as at least two if not three of the players in the group will be seeing it. So, we'll probably play Saturday instead. It will either be Palladium Fantasy or Rifts, depending on if I can get my act together by then to GM Rifts. On Sunday, I'll be DMing D&D 3.5 Kalamar with the other group.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I really glad to found it.
Thanks for sharing...



Free Games Download|Full Version PC Games