Friday, October 31, 2008

Rifts

Okay, so we didn't actually game Rifts on Halloween like I thought we might. Here is what we did do:

  • Got the two tables set up. We have two tables. One is a very small breakfast nook type table with two leaves on the ends which can fold up and down. The other is a long and narrow folding table from Target. If you put them togeather, we have just about enough room for 5 people, and the gaming mat, books, or game board, depending on the game.
  • Decided that KFC would be better than pizza tonight. I went and got it, and it turned out to be slightly more expensive, and they forgot chicken strips as my wife really loathes chicken with bones.
  • Finished or mostly finished creating characters. As the GM, I was trying to help people make characters and fill out their character sheets. This was compounded by the fact that the rules do indeed contradict each other, even on the same page, same column, even same paragraph.
I'll try to look at the characters and see if there is anything really out of whack. I also created an excel spreadsheet that uses random formulas and lookup tables to create a random non-intelligent supernatural monster based on the tables in the back of the main rulebook.

I think we'll be playing again on the 21st. My wife and I decided that gaming every other week wasn't working out well, as we didn't have much time togeather. We'll see if we actually start Rifts or back to Palladium Fantasy then.

No comments: